Spaghetti and Salad Night


What do nuts have to do with spaghetti and salad?
You have to have dressing, right??!!!!
That's right, I like to make my own salad dressing!!!!
I have been thinking about thickening dressings with something other than xantham gum, which makes things too snot-like, sorry but that is the best way to describe it.
Here's whats in the dressing:
  • Raw sunflower seeds
  • Raw cashews
  • Raw garlic
  • Green onion
  • Dry tarragon (fresh would be better)
  • Salt
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Water
  • Nutritional yeast(I am starting to tolerate the taste, after two+ years)
I toasted the nuts and spices, then processed with the wet ingredients until creamy. The dressing was sufficiently thick and tasted good, I will use this technique again!
The salad had romaine, spinach, carrots, and cucumber. I have not been doing a good job of eating enough greens lately, Nikki has been doing better!!!
The spaghetti(actually linguine) was prepared kid-style, noodles with Ragu basic-style(vegan, no dairy or natural flavors). Nikki and I added hot pepper flakes to jazz our pasta up!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails