Klam Dip..... Yes I know the Super Bowl was last week!!!!!


OK, so now you know my secret, I am behind on my blog!!! Actually I am on a delayed schedule, my posts run a couple of days behind. At first I tried to publish as I cooked, but it was getting a bit out of hand, cook dinner, help clean up, upload photos, write brilliant comments(NOT) then go to bed!!!! I have streamlined the project a bit so that I do not do photos and text at the same time.
Sorry I am off topic!!!!!
I came up with this recipe a year ago after realizing that TVP(texturized vegetable protein) reminded me of canned clams. While growing up one of my favorite food memories are based around holidays and special events, like the Super Bowl, when we would have things that were not run of-the-mill. One of the items was clam dip....this was an institution in my family and the recipe was carefully followed and revered!!!! Once my dad made the dip it had to chill for 60,000 hours before the sour cream thickened back up!!!! OK I am exaggerating, but he kept us at bay and drooling as long as his willpower could hold out.
Before becoming vegan I carried this tradition to my family, and as with velveeta nacho dip. These were early items that I lamented over the loss of in the early vegan days. Then I had the epiphany that TVP resembled canned clams, and I set out to veganize!!

Here's what I do:
  • 1 cup TVP (texturized vegetable protein)
  • 1/2 cup pickle juice
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 4 tablespoons dry dill weed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1/2 small onion very small dice or process till smooth
  • 1/2 cup dill pickle diced very small or dill pickle relish
  • 1 tablespoon Dulse flakes(sea vegetable)
Place TVP and pickle juice in bowl and microwave for one minute, add rest of ingredients and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
To finish add:
  • 1 container of Tofutti sour cream
  • 1/2 container Tofutti cream cheese
  • Tabasco to taste
  • salt to taste
Several bags of potato chips
Plan a nap or a really long walk, depending on your willpower!!!!







1 comment:

Zucchini Breath said...

There is no shame in post dating updates, lol
I often put a teaser photo in the days update so you can see what I'm gonna post the next day.

Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails