Soup can be hard to photograph!!!!

SOUP..... AGAIN...... YES IT IS STILL WINTER...... I am ready for spring although I am keenly aware that just because it will be spring soon, there still is not any fresh local produce for months. I have been craving salads lately, but most of the produce we get is from so far away that it does not have much in the taste department(including the organic). The further from the farm the lower the flavor.
The soup above looks.... well... not so good!!!!! it was a basic soup:
  • potatoes
  • carrots
  • onion
  • garlic
  • kale
  • cauliflower
then I processed in the vita mix to thicken it a bit. Once things settle down a bit I am looking forward to being more deliberate about food again. Nikki has been doing all of the shopping and most of the cooking the past few weeks as I have been basically working two point five jobs.
After I upload this posting I am going to look into signing up for our local CSA(community supported agriculture) last year we missed out and I was real sad.
The CSA is really awesome, you never know what you are going to get so it makes for some creative juggling. I learned more about produce the year that we did the CSA than ever before. The cost was $15 per week and you got a pretty good bag of veggies. I cannot wait to see what wonderful greens they will have, and the earthy smell of the produce on the way home from pick up days!!!!
IT RAINED OVER THE WEKEND AND THERE ARE GREEN BLADES OF GRASS IN THE YARD, I WILL TAKE PICTURES FOR THOSE OF YOU IN THE NORTHERN CLIMES!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails