Vegan Leprechaun Chow


There some things that I really did not like before becoming vegan, that I like now. the traditional St. Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage was one of them. Well I have made several variations of this now and it is pretty awesome.
I take tofu and marinate it in the following:
2 tablespoons dried pickling spice
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon of veg oil
Put all of the ingredients in the vita mix or blender and pour over tofu slabs cut 1/2 inch thick, marinate for at least 2 hours, overnight if you have patience. I cooked the tofu on the Geo Foreman, but it could be pan fried, baked or raw. To each their own!!!
The cabbage was basic, cabbage, onions, salt, pepper, little oil, nutmeg.
The potatoes are boiled and then finished with a little bit of buttery spread.
I was happy that my leprechauns liked it. The tofu was so tasty that I used the same recipe a few days later to make Reubens!!!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails