Vegan Soy Curl Tacos!!!

I laugh every time I say Soy Curls, it always comes out "squirrels"!!! Sorry but I find that to be funny!!!
I first heard of the soy curls on facebook and thought it was a tofu preparation method not a product. After a couple of questions I found out the Soy Curls were a product that I had never seen. I got on the old "inter-web' and found them at Vegan Essentials. The first time I got them we made tacos and they were so good that I forgot to take pictures.
Nikki made a big "analog" buy a few weeks ago and bought a couple of bags of "squirrels".... I mean Soy Curls.
They are really easy to work with, just add warm water and 10 minutes later they are ready to use. They are kind of like seitan but less squeaky. They do require a healthy dose of flavoring to make them taste good.
I took the soy curls and sauteed them with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and chili powder.
Once the soy curls were done we served with brown rice, green chilis, salsa, Follow your Heart Cheddar style cheese, and Tofutti Sour Cream.
I have another bag of Soy Curls and I am not sure what I will do with them, but I will let you know.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

erigeeka said...

Thanks to your post I now know how to get soy curls. I too didn't realize they are a product and so I was searching for a recipe when I came across your blog. I first discovered soy curls while on a beer road trip that started from Northern California to Portland Oregon at a vegan restaurant called The Blossoming Lotus. Oh my god they are so freaking tasty! I've been craving them since my road trip this past labor day weekend and now I'll be making them for a friends bday party tomorrow. I'm going to try and mimic how The Blossoming Lotus prepared them which is by baking them covered in nutritional yeast. Viva la soy curls!

Related Posts with Thumbnails