Day 10 of 31 days of soup - Pea Soup - Lookin Good!!!

WOW that is a bad picure!!!! The pictures did provide some comic relief to our evening. I took about 15 photos of this pea soup, and could not get it to look good, maybe that is why pea soup gets a bad rap!!! I love pea soup, it has always been one of my favorites. I was one of those weird kids who loved pea soup, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, but not everyone is of the same opinion.
This was a simple soup:
1 pound dried peas
8 cups water
2 teeth garlic
a dash of liquid smoke
fresh cracked pepper
1/2 Rapunzel vegan broth cube
1 big tablespoon sweet white miso
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 carrots diced
put peas and water in pot and simmer for 25 minutes, then add everything else and cook til the carrots are soft.
I took some back bits(that is supposed to read "baco" thanks iPad auto correct) and added water so that they were reconstituted and added them to the top. I made the kids some noodles, because they are not peas soup fans, I added the noodle to the soup for the next photo, and it made the soup better. It was pretty good soup, not going to win any beauty pageants, but it hit the spot!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails