Day 4 of 31 Days of Vegan Soup - BBQ Chic'n and Dumplings Soup

Well I planned to make this soup with udon noodles, but things took a turn in a better direction!!
I stopped at the Merc to pickup a few items so I would have something in the soup tonight, seitan was what I was thinking, so I got some white wave chic'n style.
When I got home I realized that I had some potatoes that I needed to use, and we still had a couple of tubes of store brand ready to bake biscuits left over from the holidays that needed to be used, so here is what I did:


Preheat oven to 400
slice in rounds, 2 cups of fingerling potatoes
rough chop 1 white onion
put veggies in a bowl and toss with a bit of oil, salt and pepper, and place on parchment on a cookie sheet, cook till browned about 20 minutes
Drain then, slice seitan and place in bowl with a bit of oil, 4 tablespoons of hoisin bbq sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder, toss then place on parchment on a cookie sheet and cook till browned, about 15 minutes.
8 cups water
3 tablespoons no chic broth bouillon
1 teaspoon dried basil
3 carrots, peeled, and cut in thin rounds
dash of rubbed sage
fresh ground pepper
mix and bring to a rolling boil, drop biscuit dough balls(dumplings) in and cook for about 6 min.

Take some of your roasted potatoes and onions and put in a soup bowl, add some BBQ Seitan, and ladle on the broth and dumplings.
Just remember soup does not always have to be cooked in just one pot, we often use a base and add things at the end!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails