George Foreman Tofu


I have tried many ways cooking tofu, the challenge is getting the texture right. I like it to have a chewy outside and tender inside. But most importantly it has to taste good!!!!!
There are many ways to achieve this, but the challenge is not to use a ton of oil. Fried tofu is awesome but it will take on 2/3 of a cup of oil per pound of tofu. So usually I use one of two methods, first is to cube the tofu and mix in a bowl with a couple of teaspoons of oil with spices, and bake at 375 for about 20 min,
or I will marinate and cook in the George Foreman grill.
Here's what it takes:
Marinade - process in the blender
  • Fresh ginger
  • Fresh garlic
  • Soy sauce
  • Oil - teaspoon
Tofu - cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
Marinate the tofu for about half an hour, then grill for about 15 minute, brush with marinade.
I usually cook two pounds of tofu so there is left over tofu, which is awesome on salads, sandwiches, tacos, or by themselves.


Served with instant brown rice and steamed broccoli, I take a cup or so of the marinade and added a teaspoon of corn starch then heated in microwave until thickened, serve on top. This meal took about 40 minutes.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much of the Fresh ginger, Fresh garlic, and Soy sauce do I need? Or is it to taste?

zoxcat said...

Hats off to you. I came to this same conclusion on my own, but obviously you did it first. Congrats!

Andre B said...

I tend to spice to taste. With tofu I generally go with intense on the outside, subtle on the inside:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails