OK-Bobs - Skewered Veggies Tofu and Tofurky


I got a new "mini" grill after our vacation this year because I enjoyed grilling while we were in Mexico. I have not been a grilling enthusiast the past few years, partly because many on the vegan items really do not lend themselves to grilling.
Boca
burger stick, plain tofu sticks, not dogs pretty much stick, and so do the not-sages. That has usually left me with just veggies. Don't get me wrong, I love grilled veggies, but they are kind of boring. I can roast veggies in the oven and pretty much get the same affect.
One night I had a dream that we were at a big BBQ and they had vegan kebabs.... the next day I went to the store and got all of the pieces.
  • Poblano Peppers(local)
  • Red Peppers
  • Sweet Onions(local)
  • Tofurkey Beer Brats
  • Hickory Smoked Tofu(local)
  • Tofu Pups - not dogs for the kiddos
Years ago I was the chef at a South American restaurant in Denver and we used to do an Argentinian style kebab that was marinated with olive oil, salt, pepper, soy sauce, garlic, fresh oregano. That's what I made for these, although I did not marinade I brushed it on. The benefit of brushing the oil on is to keep stuff from sticking!!!

I was very pleasantly surprised that the tofu stayed firmly attached to the skewers, and did not stick to the grill. The not-sages did well too, I think the proximity to the veggies helped flavor both the tofu and not-sages.

Check out the grill marks, I am drooling right now looking at the pictures, I may have to stop at the store on the way home!!!


We served the kebabs with a bed of mixed greens with goddess dressing. If I would have had enough time I would have made white rice and smoky black beans to go with these. The kids had not dogs and enjoyed every bite!!!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails