Snow Day... Big Baked Potato Night!!!

Wow... another big snow... 5 inches of prime snowman making snow!!! The back yard looked extra nice with the fresh coat of fluff. The super heavy, wet snow reminded me of mashed potatoes, which reminded me that I bought some big potatoes for baking!!! I had Addison put the potatoes in the oven, and when I got home from work I got to work on the toppings. We still had seitan left from our big order from Vegan Essentials.
Here's what I did:
Chopped 1 pound of seitan
1/2 onion
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Put the items above in a sauce pan and browned with a tablespoon of oil
I made 2 cups of no chic broth, stirred in 1 tablespoon of potato starch for thickening, and added to browned onions and seitan
to finish of the sauce I added 1 tablespoon of tahini, and 1 teaspoon of Marmite (which I have been adding to some of my cooking the few months, it adds a distinct flavor that is very different from nutritional yeast).
The final toppings included green onions and Italian Style Daiya.  We served with steamed broccoli.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails