Dripping off the elbow vegan burgers!!!

For many years before becoming vegan, we ate what I jokingly called "EARTH" burgers, of the Boca, Garden Burger, or Morningstar Farms variety. They were convenient and the kids would eat them, but over time they began lose their appeal. Becoming vegan made me realize that many of these products are a bit too processed for my taste, and basically pretty dry, plus many of them include unnecessary, egg, milk and cheese!!!!
Many years ago I managed a restaurant in Boulder, CO called The Harvest that focused on "natural" foods and really tried to do the local thing way before it was en vogue. This was also a place that had old school hippie vegetarian(no offense) menu with house-made granola, scrambled tofu, veggie stir fries, and loads of brown rice and sprouts. I remember the chef trying to come up with a veggie burger, and the months and months of trials before we had a bean and grain burger that was fit to eat. I was not vegan or vegetarian at the time and I thought he was wasting his time. Now I realize that I missed out on some awesome food that I would really appreciate now. I did however propose to my wife behind that restaurant so that may have been a sign of the importance of the place!!!!!
I have found that my favorite burgers are Lightlife Gimme Lean, they are easy to handle, I cut in 1 inch sections, and press between parchment paper. I do not like to get sticky stuff on my hands!!!! We all have issues!!!
They cook quick, 7 to 10 minutes in a pan, finished with a bit of soy sauce(which adds a bit of extra drippiness). Then load them on buns with all the fixin's!!!
We added:
  • Follow your Heart Mayo and Cheddar Cheese
  • Fresh spinach
  • Pickles
  • Tomato
  • Onion
  • Mustard
  • Ketchup
  • And any thing else in the fridge that looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah those are Ore-Ida fries... maybe someone will get me a fryer for Father's Day!!(hint-hint) and I will make fries from scratch.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails