Here's a list of the food:
- Black Eyed Pea dip w/cilantro, tomato, green onion, and cilantro.
- Smoky Black Bean Dip with chips.
- Spinach Dip w/toffuti sour cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter balls, from the Sinfully Vegan Cookbook.
- Miniature chocolate pies thanks JoAnn
- Rice spring roll wrappers, filled with broccoli, thanks JoAnn, totally awesome!!!
- Hummus, veggies, and crackers, thanks Bob
- GF banana Macaroons, thanks Kennedys
The late night and a few drinks led to a well deserved down day for New Years day.
We had a late breakfast of hash browns, black beans, and scrambled tofu.
For dinner I made basic corn and potato chowder. I was looking at the new VegNews the other day, I love soups. The chowder took about 45 minutes to make. This was mainly due to the fact that I peeled the potatoes for Carter's benefit. I was determined that one of his New Years resolutions was to eat soup... PLEASE don't tell him!!!!
The basic chowder included, potatoes, corn, carrots, onions, veggie broth. I thickened with potato starch, which has a thicker texture than corn starch. I finished the soup with Coffee Rich, which can handle the heat and is not sweetened like other creamers.
Nikki ran to the store and got a loaf of good bread... Have to have good bread with soup!!!!!