Posole Soup

The wind shifted this afternoon, it starting blowing briskly out of the north. The temp dropped 15 degrees in about an hour!!!! BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
I like to make soup, it is easy, requires one pan, warms us up, and fills up too. I would have made chili, but I have run down the beans in the pantry, there was however, posole(hominy).


This is a very easy recipe:
  • 2 carrots diced
  • 1 big potato, diced
  • 1/2 onion diced
Cover with water, boil till starting to soften, then add
  • 2 cans posole(hominy) including the water
  • 1 can green chili enchilada sauce (I would have added small can diced green chili, but I did not have any)
  • Spice with cumin, garlic powder, and salt
Top with chopped kale, spinach, cilantro, or other greens and rotel, and you are ready to go!!!!
I had avocado, lime, and fresh jalapenos rounded out the bill, light but hearty.



Kale adds some crunch, and softens nicely in the soup.

I forgot about the avocado, added it to the second bowl!!!!
Carter will not eat soup!!!!! So he had a soy patty(Boca Chic'n Patty), and tater tots. Some nights I just try to make a sure thing for him. By the way he is the one that calls them soy patties, he refuses to call them "Chic'n", because they do not have chicken in them, he is smart for five!!!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails