Tofu Ceviche.... Flavor Explosion

I have been craving something really spicy with loads of fresh chilis. I was standing in front of the of the chili display at the local grocery and they carry about 10 different peppers so I grabbed a random assortment thinking that I might make salsa.
When I got home I started thinking that ceviche sounded good, so here is what I did:
  • 1 lb tofu nigari firm - cubed
  • 5 limes -juiced
  • 2 garlic teeth - minced
Mix in bowl, marinate overnight


Diced the following:
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 1 poblano
  • 1 serano
  • 2 Hungarian red
  • 2 Anaheim pepper
  • 2 New Mexico green chili
  • 1/2 white onion
Mixed with marinated tofu, added chopped cilantro. Served with shredded red cabbage, avocado and tortilla chips.


This was really spicy and tasty. The tofu becomes more firm and takes on the garlic and lime flavors. I generally do not cook tofu with high acid sauces because it tends to get squishy and slimy, but for some reason the marinating without cooking works great.
Mixing with the peppers right before serving keeps the different chili flavors separate, which is something I like. Nikki and I were both drooling like dogs and begging for chap stick after finishing dinner!!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Virginia said...

i have never heard of that before but it looks so colorful and delicious!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails