Yeah that's right... More Tacos... But these are crispy!!!!

I may have mentioned that I have started a new remodeling project. I am updating a bathroom that was originally built in the 1930's. The work of dismantling the bathroom in order to make it work better for today's needs has been to say the least tiring!!!! I am trying to minimize waste as much as possible, but I have still removed about a ton of cement and old tile!!!
So cooking has not been on the top of the agenda recently!!! These crispy taco shells have been in the cabinet for months, so yes time for more tacos.
I was pretty tired so Nikki put everything together:
  • Beans
  • Morningstar Farms crumbles
  • Corn
  • Follow Your Heart Cheddar
  • Black beans
  • Toffutti Sour Cream
  • Avocados
  • Jalapenos
The taco shells were strange, first of all they were tiny, they were also whisper thin, but they tasted pretty good. The real star was the avocado, they have been outstanding this year and very reasonably priced!!
I love avocados, when I was young I used to spend the summers with my grandparents who lived in Oaxaca City in southern Mexico. There were always many kinds and shapes of avocados. I can remember going to the "vegetable" market with my grandmother to get the week's vegetables and hearing her haggle with the vendors over price and quality. I wish that I could go to a market like that, it was like the ultimate farmers market with every kind of fresh vegetable and fruit you could imagine!!!! She was very passionate about food and spent a tremendous amount of time preparing food. I think that she really liked it when I came to visit because she could cook more!!!!
But I digress.... one of my favorite things when I spent time with them were the avocados. They came in many shapes as sizes, from the size of a lemon to the size of a football. I would have fresh tortillas with avocado for breakfast, and a favorite evening snack was toasted french bread with avocado smeared on top, and hot chocolate.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails