Simple Soupy Vegan Curry Noodles

I have been making Mac~N~No~Cheese too much lately. It really tastes good and the kids like it, but in face of a few extra holiday pounds I made this pasta as an alternative. It is a light curry with organic frozen peas, and corn.
I was really wanting to do some thing like a chicn pot pie but I did not have the ingredients so this is what I came up with:
1 pound of pasta, your choice boil first
Sauce:
1 tooth garlic
1 tablespoon light curry
2 tablespoon or 2 cubes of vegan chicn bouillon
Salt if needed
4 cups of water
1/3 cup raw cashews
1 can of new potatoes, including liquid
Put the ingredients listed above in the blender or Vita Mix, and process until smooth, put in sauce pan over medium heat, stir until this comes to a simmer, turn off heat and add:
1 cup frozen peas
1 can corn
Pasta that you cooked earlier. The sauce will be kind of thin which is a nice change of pace from the thicker "Cheese" sauces I have been making lately. I would have added a side salad, but it had been a long day and this was enough!!!
The beauty of this dish is that you can cook everything in one pan, so clean up is a snap. Leftovers went to school for lunch the next day, and reportedly held up well to a night in the fridge and trip through the microwave.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails