Pasta with Tomato Cashew Cream

I really like pasta, but have not eaten as much in past few years because of the processed grain. This was a quick and easy dinner with some decent organic tomatoes I found.
I decided to do a Tomato Cashew Cream:
Sauce ~
1 large potato - small diced
1/2 white onion - small diced
1 tooth of garlic
1/4 cup raw cashews
Salt to taste
Simmer the above in sauce pan until the potatoes are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes if your dice is small. Put in blender or Vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy. Add a tablespoon of white wine if you like

Then add and lightly blend
1 cup cherry tomato (small pear red or yellow)
3 fresh basil leaves
Serve with a pound of your favorite pasta
I used spaghetti, but it would be good with bigger pasta like penne, farfalle, or radiatore.
Serve with a mixed greens salad.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oooh, this looks so good! Pasta, tomatoes and cashews are three of my favourite foods. I can't wait to try this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails