9 of 31 days of soup - Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower

This will not be a soup to remember, but it was not terrible either! Today was a snow day for the kids, 5 inches of snow and Kansas grinds to a halt!! The snow was pretty, but I did have to do quite a bit of shoveling. The late afternoon got away from me a bit and I got a late start on dinner(which as you know was soup)
Heres what we had:
Cream of Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
1/4 cup of raw cashews
2 vegan no chic broth cubes
1 tablespoon curry
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
put all of the above with 4 cups of water in the blender and process until smooth, I would have added 1 boiled potato to the blender if I had one, makes "cream" soups a bit thicker.
After blending I put the base in my soup pot to simmer.
I took a head of cauliflower rinsed and cut into bit size pieces and did the same with some broccoli.
I tossed the cauliflower and broccoli with a bit of oil and some curry and salt and baked in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes.
Once the cauliflower and broccoli were cooked I ladled the the soup base into a bowl and placed the roasted veggies on top. For a garnish I took 2 x 2 puff pastry squares and put a dab of olive tapenade on top, pinched them up and baked for about 15 minutes.
All in all not my best effort but hearty and edible none the less!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails