Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup

Here is a simple, easy soup for a cold day!

Cream of Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup
1/4 cup of raw cashews
2 vegan no chic broth cubes
1 tablespoon curry
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
put all of the above with 4 cups of water in the blender and process until smooth, I would have added 1 boiled potato to the blender if I had one, makes "cream" soups a bit thicker.
After blending I put the base in my soup pot to simmer.
I took a head of cauliflower rinsed and cut into bit size pieces and did the same with some broccoli.
I tossed the cauliflower and broccoli with a bit of oil and some curry and salt and baked in the oven at 375 for about 15 minutes.
Once the cauliflower and broccoli were cooked I ladled the the soup base into a bowl and placed the roasted veggies on top. For a garnish I took 2 x 2 puff pastry squares and put a dab of olive tapenade on top, pinched them up and baked for about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails