Yay Vegan Posole!!!!

I mentioned to my daughter that I was going to make posole and she did a happy dance like she was at a Oprah's favorite vegan things taping!! Posole is a family favorite and in the winter we have it at least once a month. It is fairly easy, versatile, cheap and tasty! Here's what I did:
1 lb red potatoes large diced, leave the peels on!
Put in pan and cover with water, simmer for about 10 minutes
put the following in the pot with potatoes:
1 small white onion, chopped,
2 teeth of garlic, pressed
2 cans posole (hominy)
1 can green chili enchilada sauce
1 vegan no chin'n bouillon cube
A couple dashes of cumin
Simmer for 10 more minutes
Garnish with chopped poblano peppers, jalapeƱos, cilantro, salsa casera, and a squeeze of fresh lime. Serve with warm corn tortilla and vegan butter and salt! Muy bien!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Nice blog, but it would be appreciated if you specified the size of the cans you are using

Thanks!

Andre B said...

Thanks for the nod...
A far as can size is concerned.... I would consider them to be regular size, like a basic canned vegetable, not like a big juice or restaurant size can! I think the standard is 15 oz, but honestly I am not sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails